Wednesday 25 July 2012

Co-assignment of a family portrait

Finally have the mood to write a little again after a long long break, so I guess I will start with clearing my backlogs :)

I remember it was a humid afternoon, and we were kind of expecting a shower or something. The family was late too, and by more than an hour, if I recall correctly. A common trait among our locals, huh? Well, business owners usually don't have much choice and have to live with it.

Anyway, it was lucky that at least we had each other for company, and there was an outlet that I knew we could have some drinks and desserts.

Just idling around and doing nothing. I remember there was another guy shooting with a Pentax K-01. Really looks like a toy!
A portrait I did for my friend for fun. Black and white really brings quite a different mood and dimension :)


Chatting and wasting our time away until about 6 when the father finally called my friend and announced their arrival. So I guess it was time to get our butts off and start working :)

My friend preparing his lights. I only used mine mounted on my camera
The father in his suit. Wouldn't opt for this if I were him. See pictures below to see why.
The family goofing around :)
The little princess running around. Cannot remember what she was looking at.
An informal portrait. Can only afford this if I am not the main guy :)
See the sweat marks? I will only opt for a suit if I was indoors. By the way, is that tree distracting?
My friend teaching the princess on posing her arms. Strange uncle :)
My try shot. Black and white just works like magic for portraits, regardless of the skin tone. Even better is that I don't need to bother about colour casts from the grass or the sky
Wow, such a huge crowd on a Sunday afternoon!
Lesson learnt? Bring an assistant or friend in case of late clients :) Oh, and a long lens sure works almost flaws, provided we are getting a decent shuttle speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment